The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about any members that have kids in minor hockey and at what level. My 10 year old plays Atom/maj A in town for the Belleville Jr. Bulls and their holding a decent season together so far...anybody else got kids in rep hockey or house league...just thought it would be nice to hear from other Dad's that have to dig deep into their pockets to pay for this...I keep telling my kid everytime I pay for something else the next guitar keeps waiting...LOL

Oh yeah pics are good too...I'll add a team pic tomorrow when I got some spare time

·
Registered
260 Posts
I always wanted to play hockey when I was a kid , but my mom thought I was too agressive and that it would be encouraged in hockey...I'm supposed to start playing with the guys at school next sunday , can't wait :wave:

Nice slice of life huh ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yup, I got a 6 year old boy and 4 year old girl in hockey. Thank god they got a hockey mom cause I work so damn much to pay for it ;-) Whatcha gonna do though, take it with ya? Let me tell you though , don't ever tell a strong minded 4 year old girl that she doesn't need to play hockey. They may be young but they are still female and they can make your life hell and make you feel like an A$$. So play hockey she does.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I watched my Aunt and Uncle when my cousin played midget and in the WHL and all I can say is don't become one of those "Psycho Hockey Parents", let the kid have some fun and the coaches do their job.

I used to get a kick out of them in the stands man they'd get into it, pissed at the refs, other players, the coach etc etc.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I've got 2 girls playing. 1st year for my 4 year old, 2nd year for my 7 year old. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday we're driving for hockey.

Not to mention piano lessons on Wednesday, the grocery getter is putting on a lot of miles!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Mine are past that stage but a few friends have the kid's in hockey and I can agree on two points made here, lots of miles on the grocery getter and yes let them have fun, don't go making it to serious for them, after all there just kids and they want to have fun.... Kudo's to you who are letting them do it..:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

Thanks for the response all and its about the kids....and my son is the one sitting to the left of the goalie with the yellow pads....post some pics of your kids team photo or any game shots I love that stuff...

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
priceless

I have a 10 yr. old in Atom red.

Registration and gate fees…………........ ... $700.00

Hockey Gear .....……………. ………............…$500.00

Making it to the pros so he can buy me
an assortment of vintage guitars...........…PRICELESS :rockon2:

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
My 10 year old son is in Atom. He plays goal.
This is his third year and he loves it. It makes me happy that he has a passion for anything at this age. But what really makes me happy is the camaradierie he enjoys in the dressing room and on the ice with his team mates. My son has always had different interests and persuits than most of his other peers. It has made him a bit of a outsider and that can just break your heart as a parent. To see him respected and reverred in the dressing room almost brings me to tears of joy sometimes. The team really like him. He seems to be their go-to-guy. I am told he is the best goalie in the league by the coachs and the govenors. They desperately wanted him for the Rep team. But he was quite happy to stay at house league.
I've met some really nice and new friends at the rink that are parents of other players and that is a bonus for me. Nothing but positives for me so far.

Cheers
Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts