Discussion Starter #1
How would you classify yourself?
What stuff do you usually play?

Me: Hobbyist for 35 years..Dang!:banana:
Play:CCR,Skynyrd,Stones,Steve Earl,Blues,some rock & country.:wave:

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Hobbyist for me too. Been playin' and tinkerin' with guitars for about 17 years.
Play: Rush, Dream Theater and occasionally some 80s hair metal just for kicks.

Cheers,
Joe

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hobby... obsession, don't know just can't get away from it though. Been at it for 35 years or more. Blues,rock,country or whatever.... prefer blues and classic rock....

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Hobby...playing off and on for 42 years. Trying to find older guys( baby boomers) to form a band.

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
Don't insult me by calling me a hobbyist. I'm a deluxe NOODLER !!! :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Hobbyist with no delusions of becoming a pro.

I pick it up in high school - then girls got the best of me. Picked it up again in 2003 and haven't looked back. I play for sheer enjoyment. Love the instrument and that fact that I can tinker till I drop. I try to play anything I like. Blues, Classic Rock, Metal, Acoustic anything. Artists I've recently been tackling are: Hendrix, BB King, SRV, Clapton, Audioslave, Satriani, Metallica, John Mayer, Dave Matthews and the list goes on. If I didn't have Song ADD I might just learn an entire song instead of riffs, licks and partial solos.

It'll all come together one day! :rockon2:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
17 year old hobbyist... been playing a year since April 3rd! Mostly play metal / rock, sometimes a little blues. Eventually I plan on playing neo-classical stuff like Malmsteen and Joe Stump... lots of practice ahead of me but I can't wait.

One thing I'd really love to play is hybrid picking stuff, like Albert Lee and Zakk Wylde (aka GOD) but my fingers are like, stiff on my picking hand, lol if that makes sense.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It has been a 30+ year hobby. I have played in bands in which others were professional musicians, but I followed the advice of many other people who told me not to give up my day job. :wink: Besides, with my skills, if I was a professional musician, I would never have been able to deal with all the GAS I have experienced over the years.

·
Registered
697 Posts
About a year hobbyist.
I play everything, but mostly just main riffs, because I lack the attention span to learn every inch of a song. My kryptonite :(.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hobbiest here on and off for 32 years.
Girls,drag racing(still do it but the kids drive now), wife, mortgage and kids took up alot of my time but in the last 5 years I have gotten back into the groove.

Mark

·
Administrator
15,981 Posts
Hobbyist for about 14 yrs now. Play out a little but I'll sure never make a living at it. Don't want to either come to think on it, wouldn't want to spoil the fun. :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hobbyist for about 32 years now...

Last fall I took my first guitar lessons, and I can't wait to continue next september. I play mostly: Blues, classsic rock and since last fall I began jazz.

:rockon2: :DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
jcayer said:
Hobbyist for about 32 years now...

Last fall I took my first guitar lessons, and I can't wait to continue next september. I play mostly: Blues, classsic rock and since last fall I began jazz.

:rockon2: :DevilGuitar:
which genre do you find the most challenging to play well? :)

1 - 20 of 88 Posts