The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Hmmm, what could be happening here?

2782 Views 44 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  gtone
I'll update in a couple of weeks (all being well) :)

See less See more
Reactions: 2
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
I'll bite....you are going to buff up the finish? BTW I thought that guitar was terrific to play and sounded great.
I'll bite....you are going to buff up the finish? BTW I thought that guitar was terrific to play and sounded great.
LOL, close but I wasn't happy with the results of the buffing, so on to stage 2 :)

And yes, the only reason I'm going all out is because it is a dream to play and does sound great. Weighs next to nothing also.
Something along these lines. I should have it back in a week or two and then I'll try to put the electronics back together, they were "complicated" to say the least :)

See less See more
Reactions: 5
When did all this start and who put their name on an ibanez AX?
Who is doing the work Dave?
Darcy Thompson.

Darcy is a painter who also works with Mike McConville. He paints everything, including guitars, cars, bikes, etc. He actually used to paint the Camo patterns on our vehicles and I think he told me also painted the Triumph tour bus or plane years ago. I could be wrong about that though :)

He's mixed up a custom colour but it's kinda close to what i showed above.
Reactions: 1
When did all this start and who put their name on an ibanez AX?
This all started a month or so ago thanks to a trade with @sorbz62 . The guitar was "well played", had faded to a flat black, and had a few bumps and bruises. Nothing dramatic but when I played it, and loved it, OCD started to kick in. I've always loved Pelham Blue (in all of it's many shades) so thought I'd try it on this. When I went out to see Darcy he just mixed up a colour on the spot that I really liked so away we go :) If all goes to plan I should see something by the end of next week.
Nooooooo! Should have left it classic!!!!
LOL, I knew this would make your head spin :) But even the man himself likes blue.

See less See more
Reactions: 5
LOL, I knew this would make your head spin :) But even the man himself likes blue.

That looks badass! What a transformation. Did you keep the same electronics?

Well done Sir.
That looks badass! What a transformation. Did you keep the same electronics?

Well done Sir.
LOL, sorry, NOT MINE. I was just pointing out to @sorbz62 that Mr. Smith himself seemed to like the colour. That's a new of the shelf job, not sure how close my blue will be to that, I suspect a little more like the SG above but until I see it on the guitar who knows.
LOL, sorry, NOT MINE. I was just pointing out to @sorbz62 that Mr. Smith himself seemed to like the colour. That's a new of the shelf job, not sure how close my blue will be to that, I suspect a little more like the SG above but until I see it on the guitar who knows.

Duh...sorry and carry on.
Growing up in the UK, those Gordon Smith guitars were always very well regarded. Looing foward to seeing how your guitar turns out - a great vehicle to start with.
Yes, I wouldn't bother if I wasn't impressed with the guitar in the first place ☺

Growing up in the UK, those Gordon Smith guitars were always very well regarded. Looing foward to seeing how your guitar turns out - a great vehicle to start with.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.