1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Some of the GOTW stuff is pretty limited run, isn't it? Something like 400 units?

I think they have a bit of fun with it, play with some ideas, some better than others.

·
Registered
324 Posts
There are 7-8 that I like. My fav is the SG silverburst. That faded cherry LP looks good too... I find that I like them more if they don't try colours that are too strange or deviate too much.. like flipping that V upside down...

·
Registered
546 Posts
400 a week isn't all that limited.

The reverse V looks so dumb to me.

I like regular stuff.

Why a kill switch is a good question.

I could see a kill switch should electrocute an unauthorised person playing you guitar.:smile:

I can turn off the volume with the volume knob. It's not that slow or hard to reach.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Gibson?

That reverse Flying V is a gross example of design mediocrity.:mad::eek:
And I say this as a guy who loves unusual looking and unique guitars!

·
Registered
14,712 Posts
I thought it better to resurrect this thread than to start a new one--

Don't look now, but It's back!!

·
Premium Member
10,993 Posts
I don't care for the reverse V, but it's much better proportioned than many of the pointy guitars on the market. There's a certain symetrical balance to its appearance, though I doubt it's easier to hold than an V, and I wouldn't try leaning it against anything. (I've never had trouble holding a V, just hooking it on my right leg, or on a strap.) As a show/stage guitar it might atract some attention.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Premium Member
13,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't look now, but It's back!!
That is definitely a love it or hate it thing. Even though I suspect the 'hate it'' crowd is in a majority, I suspect the "love it" crowd was large enough to make this a go from a business viewpoint.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts