The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Schecter, I tried some and like 'em, but i'm still unsure about Shecter's reputation and reliability, so for those who play or played Shecter guitars what are your views?

Thanxs in advance.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
radio8myguitar said:
Looking for a Schecter, I tried some and like 'em, but i'm still unsure about Shecter's reputation and reliability, so for those who play or played Shecter guitars what are your views?

Thanxs in advance.
I had a Diamond series 7 string for a short period of time. I picked it up off of eBay for $100. The build quality was not bad IMO. The PUPS and hardware were of low quality. But overall, for that money it was a fairly nice guitar. I am not sure where it was made. I think it was Korean. I sold it pretty quick because I never got into the 7 string scene.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Low:
Back at the 1986 NAMM show, a guy I know who was running the Guild Custom shop went to the Schecter booth, and noticed that they had made some really crappy copies of a guitar that he designed and held patents on. It turns out they saw a fuzzy picture of his design in a NY trade magazine and decided to make copies of it. They agreed to stop production immediately, after he ripped the guitar right out of the pencil necked geek Schecter dudes hands, and that was the end of that. During that era, Schecters have popped up that had exact Fender headstocks, and even a Fender logo, that people claim came original to the guitar. Companies often change hands and even management, so this kind of piracy doesnt reflect their new people in any way, shape or form, but sleazeballs do run many companies, and often are found in the guitar industry.................

High:
On Schecters site, under the FAQ, there is a qeustion relating to their relationship with ESP. Its funny, so I give them points for that, even though they are controlled by them............

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's great to have feedback by knowlegable guitar guys like you, all you have said confirms my aprehensions about Schecter, yet I still like the hardware(depending on the model), feel and looks of them...this is gonna be a tough decision!

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts