The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
Mainly Fenders and G&L
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody hear of these pickups or tried them. Seen them mentioned in a thread over at TGP and continued on to check out the website, soundclips that were impressive, and reviews at HC. All the surfing and they sound like an excellent value for the price. 60.00 US using Paypal. Here's a link to his site. Check it out.

http://www.highorderpickups.com/

·
Premium Member
Mainly Fenders and G&L
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the wait time is lengthy but it may be worth it. I have contacted him regarding some new pickups for my Epi Sheraton just waiting for a reply.

·
Premium Member
Mainly Fenders and G&L
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They finally arrived... wow what a set of pickups. The bridge is 8.3 K wound clockwise with Alnico 3 magnets, the neck is 7.3 K wound clockwise with Alnico 5 magnets. He provides a lot of information. The pups are built very well and look it. I was thinking of finding covers for them but once installed they don't look to bad . They sound bloody awesome. The attack response of the pickups is great, it is what I asked for. Jeff makes some top grade pups at highorder, they are well worth the wait.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
Mainly Fenders and G&L
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I find that the ones I installed have great clarity. That is the first thing I noticed. No flappy or muddy bottom and no shrill high end, every note defined. The bridge pup has a nice gnarly sound , not shrill or ice picky. The neck pup has a real nice classic paf sound, and responds very well to your attack. They are a great deal for the price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.