The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a Vintage V100 guitar. Recently i adjusted the truss rod, bridge height and some other things to make it more playable since the string height was too high for me. After the adjustments i noticed that on 12th fret the high E string is making a weird noise, almost like skipping or vibrating really rapidly and it dies fast. +-2 frets from 12th its still there, but less noticable and the noise frequency is slower. The weird thing is, if i change to neck pickup, the same thing happens, but only on 7-8th fret. On all other frets everything is fine. I tried everything, from adjusting the truss rod, to making bridge so high its unplayable, there is no difference. I also checked if the string is touching anywhere else on the guitar, but everything has a decent gap. The only logical thing that could do this is the pickups, but they're working fine. Any ideas? I'm don't have that much knowledge in this field, so any advice would be helpful

P

·
0 Posts
Are the pickups too close to the strings? If they are the magnets pull on the strings changing the vibration paths.

·
Registered
662 Posts
+1 on the pickups being too close to the strings. It’s a common issue on strats. The reason the note is decaying so fast is because the magnetic field is dampening the vibration by pulling the strings toward the pole pieces.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
If its when your fretting on the 12th fret it can also be a kink in the string. Try changing the string and see if it still happens. Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts