The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there !

I officially retired last year. Though I used to play arpeggio guitar for many years, my retirement plan included learning to play fingerstyle guitar which I devoted quite a bit of my leisure times to for the last five years or so.

I played some easy classical music to get rid of my clumsyness and studied good old acoustic blues, country blues, pop, but I am particularly inclined toward instrumental movie themes and great songs of the fifties, crooners success and so. I more recently began to contruct my own tablatures from fake books.

I did buy and sell (maybe some of you got one or sold one to me !) many guitars in the process of discovering which guitar specs would suit me best. I also learned much about music, scales, modes and guitar adjustment.

Musically yours,

"mawmow"
P.S. I live in Levis (Quebec)... my mother tongue is French...

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Welcome. Love your area. QC is phenomenal as was the dining. Last time down I was torn between living in QC and The south shore of NS

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Bonjour and welcome to the forum. I ski across the river from you at Le Massif. That is it in my Avatar.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys ! :)

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Welcome. I appreciate your choice of music. Good melodies live forever!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome. I appreciate your choice of music. Good melodies live forever!
Oh yeah ! :)
Many thanks !
P.S. I read this morning that rap would outrank rock ! :-/

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I read this morning that rap would outrank rock ! :-/
Thats like saying Lethal Weapon Fifteen outranks Citizen Kane because it grossed more at the box office. Its a bigger world now, of course it beats a time when the audience was smaller. Nothing but a provocative statement designed to draw attention.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts