The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I'm 40 years old and I've been playing guitar on and off for about 20 years now. I'm looking for a place to hangout and talk about guitar and music. Guitar is my hobby but I don't really have anyone to share that with so I'm hoping this is a good spot! I tried using other social media like reddit and Facebook but those sites tend to overwhelm me and I feel like it's more of a competition there and I can do without the toxicity in my life.

I hope I can get to know some people here. I also hope I can learn some new things. I'd like to take the next step in recording and sharing my music and just becoming a better player in general!

Anyway, that's enough about me for now. So hello! and I hope you're having a great day :)

·
Premium Member
16,999 Posts
@RoccoD Welcome to the greatest guitar forum on the planet!
Ask lots of questions by starting many threads, post often and try not to be too tempted with all the amazing gear for sale/trade in the forum.

What type(s) of music do you like to play and listen to?

What gear do you have?

There are many threads about recording and many "forumites" with a wealth of recording experience.

Hopefully other GC forum members from Saskatoon will make themselves known to you through this thread.

"Have a great day" to you also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Music I like: Well, I used to be a big metal head, and I guess I still am. But I also like acoustic rock, classic rock, and some electronic music.

Gear:

Electric: LTD Deluxe M1000 that I bought 15 years ago now. Recently I have picked up a Fender Player Strat and a Schecter C-1 E/A. Oh, and a traveller guitar. I do a lot of travelling (well pre-covid) for work so I was playing this a lot last year... Not so much this year!
Acoustic: Norman B18. And a Norman 12 string as well.
Amp: Vox VT50.
Pedals: I'd like to get some! Right now I have a Line6 PODxt Live that I sometimes use to play with headphones.

I'm going to check out the sale/trade forum now. Just don't tell my wife, ok?? :)

·
Premium Member
16,999 Posts
Thanks for the detailed response. Too bad you picked up that Strat as there was one that you might have liked that sold in this forum recently....for ~$13,000.00

Oh well, not to worry, there will be others.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
HI Rocco
There is a few of us here from SK, great forum and source of information guitar related. Opens up a great source of used gear with a trader rating system so less risk in having it shipped or even buying and selling on locally on Kijji.

I am just south of you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts