The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hey Scuff, welcome aboard :wave: We explored the Trent-Severn last summer and one weekend, we rented a boat a went up the Otonabee from Rice Lake, made it through a fews locks and made it up about halfway to Lakefield. We turned around, and made our way back to Little lake and stopped at the marina. We explore the city a little and from that perspective, it was a great experience. It's a nice city. How's the music scene up there?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Music scene is mostly punk rock but theres a old blues taverncalled the Red Dog, its had its fair share of famous canadian blues folk come through, but all in all its not a very cultured community. i grew up in Brantford, Market street was a haven for Blues Musicians. Yeah i like blues. Yeah Peterboroughs nice in the summer.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Welcome to the cobbles Scuff.
I'm a northumberlander myself. I have a house on the lake they call Rice.
Ever get down to The Rhino in Bewdley??? Heather, the owner has a soft spot for blues and books bands in there (mostly in the summer). I love playing there. Always an experience.

Pete

·
Registered
319 Posts
faracaster said:
I have a house on the lake they call Rice.
Pete
The one lake with a set of train tracks submerged all the way across. Be careful not to wreck the bottom of your boat of them tracks :)

faracaster said:
Ever get down to The Rhino in Bewdley??? Heather, the owner has a soft spot for blues and books bands in there (mostly in the summer). I love playing there. Always an experience.

Pete
Bewdley is a quaint little place, pretty busy in the summer I guess with the fishers. Driving through, I remember seeing restaurant(s) and maybe a bar but none seems *big enough* to let's say have a band in addition to patrons. Very cool. We'll be in that area again this summer I'm sure, I'll check it out.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
ofender said:
The one lake with a set of train tracks submerged all the way across. Be careful not to wreck the bottom of your boat of them tracks :)
Yeah isn't that a nice surprise for those that don't know.

Bewdley is a quaint little place, pretty busy in the summer I guess with the fishers. Driving through, I remember seeing restaurant(s) and maybe a bar but none seems *big enough* to let's say have a band in addition to patrons. Very cool. We'll be in that area again this summer I'm sure, I'll check it out.
Yes Bewdley is quaint..for dog draggers.:2guns: Remember that?? about six years ago. Awful.

·
Registered
319 Posts
That was in Bewdley??? I remember that it was *out that way* but didn't click that this was the quaint little community where it took place.

A doberman or rottwiller, wasn't it? And didn't the guy get the dog back a little later ??:mad:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
re:Rice

yeah the rice is nice!! You can find me sippin some pops in the Dog House on Pigeon in the summer, i`ve heard of The Rhino too, what sortta stuff you play?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
hey welcome to the forums scuffelwood. My mom's from peterborough.:food-smiley-004:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts