The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very happy to see a lot of Canadian guitarist. I'm 44 and have been playing for about 27 years. Mostly blues and blues rock. My favourite guitarists seem to be british such as Jeff Beck, Peter Green, Rory Gallagher, etc.. Although lately I have been heavily getting into Gov't Mule and Johnny A. My favourite guitar at the moment is my 2003 PRS Custom 22 through a Marshall Bluesbreaker. Look forward to chatting with you all!:cool:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
mario said:
I'm very happy to see a lot of Canadian guitarist. I'm 44 and have been playing for about 27 years. Mostly blues and blues rock. My favourite guitarists seem to be british such as Jeff Beck, Peter Green, Rory Gallagher, etc.. Although lately I have been heavily getting into Gov't Mule and Johnny A. My favourite guitar at the moment is my 2003 PRS Custom 22 through a Marshall Bluesbreaker. Look forward to chatting with you all!:cool:
Good morning. Welcome to the forum. I am also in London (well, close anyway) and have been playing bass in these parts for a quite a number of years.

This forum is really starting to pick up spedd, though there is a lack of low end still.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi James, nice to see someone else from London. Who knows, if we can find more members in London we can get a jam going!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did jam around at long gone places such as The Firehall and Leadbelly's when they had Saturday afternoon jams. I am really tempted to go to the London Music Club for their Thursday night blues jams. From what I have been told, there are some amazing players jamming. If you are interested, myself and another guitar player have been talking about going and jamming. Let me know if you want to go. And that invite goes to all the guitarists and bass players in London. :cool:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
mario said:
I did jam around at long gone places such as The Firehall and Leadbelly's when they had Saturday afternoon jams. I am really tempted to go to the London Music Club for their Thursday night blues jams. From what I have been told, there are some amazing players jamming. If you are interested, myself and another guitar player have been talking about going and jamming. Let me know if you want to go. And that invite goes to all the guitarists and bass players in London. :cool:
I've been thinking of that as well. My band was invited there last year to do a half hour or so, but we couldn't make it. I'd love to go sometime and jam, as long as I don't have to haul anything other than my bass.

I remember Leadbelly's and the Firehall but don't know if I ever went there. Speaking of old bars, I used to play occassionaly at Kiplings. Now that place rocked!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kiplings?! Dude I saw The Black Crowes, Derek Trucks(when he was a kid), George Thorogood in that bar! That was a great place. Let me know if you want to get together and work out some simple tunes with the other guitar player.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
mario said:
Kiplings?! Dude I saw The Black Crowes, Derek Trucks(when he was a kid), George Thorogood in that bar! That was a great place. Let me know if you want to get together and work out some simple tunes with the other guitar player.
I went to see Bonham (John's son's band) there one night. I know Wilcox used to play there a lot. One night when I played there, Henry Lee Summer showed up and played a few songs (not with us - unfortunately he brought his buddies with him) on drums. Pretty cool.

I have no idea when I'd be able to practice. I'm trying to find out more about the jam night thing - see how relaxed it is.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
mario said:

I just emailed Pete at the London Music Club. He says the Thursday Blues Jam is an open stage. House sound system and amps. Bring your guitar and there is a sign-up sheet at the bar. Everyone that signs gets a chance to play.

I'd love to go there some night, maybe near the end of March? Anyone interested in throwing some tunes together and hopping onstage as the "Guitars Canada All Star Band"? :D

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
Hmmm, we need promotion but is this really the right kind. ;) :D :D
No matter how it goes, we'll tell you how flawless we played, how we blew the house down, and got front page coverege for the website! :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome. I'm from London too.

I was playing with a classic rock band called PRIME. We just won a battle of the bands on Friday night that was held at Club Phoenix.

Apparently, we were featured on The Hawk today! :rockon:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Dirty_Frank said:
Welcome. I'm from London too.

I was playing with a classic rock band called PRIME. We just won a battle of the bands on Friday night that was held at Club Phoenix.

Apparently, we were featured on The Hawk today! :rockon:

Sweet. :DevilGuitar:

·
Administrator
16,156 Posts
Hi guys, I'm also from good old London. Mario I think we've chatted on the Gear Page. :wave:
Relatively new player in spite of my age (very old geezer). I do sing a bit but not good enough to join you guys @ the music club :) Love to come and hear you though. You can check out some of my stuff on Soundclick if you like, just remember it's amateur hour. Complete songs with vocals are "Place in Line", " Numb", and "Nothin' the blues". These were done with bandmate and fellow guitar player Brian.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=401351

Dave

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Dave! Yes I do remember chatting with you on the Gear Page! I see from the Gear Page you have also bought some gear. Dude, you sound great! Okay James we got a singer. Let's somehow get this together for a night of fun! :rockon:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts