The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am from Cambridge, ON. I've been playing guitar for about 20 years, been in bands and currently play a lot for churches. I am also an aspiring guitar builder. I'm looking forward to hanging out with you all and learning together. If anybody in the K-W/Guelph area is a builder or repair guy I'd love to come check out what you do as I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

See you around!

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
Welcome to the GC forum! I'm assuming that you joined after receiving my email in response to you ad.

Do you know of Ayr Guitars (in Ayr..obviously)? The owner posts here.

Ryan at Bob's Guitar Service (Kitchener), Mike at Sherwood Music (Kitchener) and Dwayne at the Guitar Corner (Kitchener) come to mind as people you might want to contact.

Have you considered taking the guitar course at Conestoga?
Conestoga College Guitar repair and design level 1 and 2 | Guitars | Kitchener / Waterloo | Kijiji

I'm sure other GC forum members will make suggestions.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the GC forum! I'm assuming that you joined after receiving my email in response to you ad.

Do you know of Ayr Guitars (in Ayr..obviously)? The owner posts here.

Ryan at Bob's Guitar Service (Kitchener), Mike at Sherwood Music (Kitchener) and Dwayne at the Guitar Corner (Kitchener) come to mind as people you might want to contact.

Have you considered taking the guitar course at Conestoga?
Conestoga College Guitar repair and design level 1 and 2 | Guitars | Kitchener / Waterloo | Kijiji

I'm sure other GC forum members will make suggestions.

Cheers

Dave
Thanks for the suggestions Dave. I do know Mike at Sherwood and am planning on meeting up with him in the next few weeks. I'll have to check out that guitar course and maybe see about chatting with those other guys you mentioned.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Welcome aboard. There are quite a few members from your neck of the woods. I used to live next door to you in Freelton.

Reactions: imyourmutter
1 - 8 of 8 Posts