The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHCpBdKBg0o

btw, Im 17, and I love guitar. haha I try to play at least 2 hours a day.

anyways, I have a marshall jcm2000 dsl50 with a marshall halfstack. I also have a couple guitars, a fender strat with GFS pups in it (REALLY REALLY sweet sounding pups) and I have a jackson with Sduncans (custom custom, and pearly gates).

I really want a tone similar to the one in the above clip. I was just wondering if a good overdrive would get me close to that tone without having to crank my amp (which is very hard to do, because it makes your ears bleed ha)
I was thinking of the visual sound jekyll and hyde dual overdrive, but am open to suggestions. Thanks in advance everybody for your help.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you already have a DSL but need a little help from a friend to cook things up a bit and make things sing! I would recommend a Barber LTD, or LTD Silver. True bypass, runs on 9v or 18v. Super well made.
The LTD has a slightly more pronounced "mid hump". The beauty of this pedal is that it's a low gain but unit, but has fair amout of volume. So it's a perfect gooser or solo boost.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
AN OCD might work. Trouble is, its hard to get that sound unless you're playing really loud. I think he uses mostly a Plexi/Wizard plexi style amp (sounds like what he might be using on this clip) and a Dr.Z not sure which one.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aah ok

I see then guys, thanks for the advice! I really appreciate the help as I am pretty new to pedals and stuff. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
zdogma said:
AN OCD might work. Trouble is, its hard to get that sound unless you're playing really loud. I think he uses mostly a Plexi/Wizard plexi style amp (sounds like what he might be using on this clip) and a Dr.Z not sure which one.
I think that an OCD would get me there with my JCM 900 (it would have to be pretty loud) but I am not sure how they work with the JCM 2000 (I played one a long time ago before I had the OCD). You will also need some delay, sounds digital, a DD-3 would get you there delay-wise.

And now, for some unneccesary violence: :2guns: :sport-smiley-002:

:confused-smiley-010

·
Registered
15 Posts
Boss SD-2 can do almost any OD sound. they can be tricky to find sometimes though. i recomend it if you can find one for a decent price

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
MI Audio Crunch Box. Some call it a "Marshall in a box" Get it while its still inexpensive. Last I heard they are raising the price for this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts