The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

hey guess what my guitarist has...

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Michelle 
#1 ·
A shortscale '68 Fender Musicmaster. A cool little bass.:rockon2:
went over to his house on the way to the pool hall, but we got jamming, and he had this thing hanging up on the wall.

#2 ·
My first real bass was a 74 Musicmaster, it was a really great bass except for the pickup sucked. If I had thought of it or if I still had it, a P-Bass pickup would make all the difference. I eventually traded it + $100 for a '75 Traynor YGM-3 Guitar Mate Reverb in the late 80's which I still have and it kicks-ass, with enough spare tubes to last til the end of time.

#3 ·
Musicmaster

I remember back in the 70's a buddy of mine had a musicmaster and just for shits and giggles we took it apart.........we took all of our gear apart.. Anyway........the pickup in that Bass was actually a single coil guitar pickup with six polepieces under the emg style cover. I guess Fender was just putting in whatever was laying around at the factory..

Ray

#4 ·
rippinglickfest said:
I remember back in the 70's a buddy of mine had a musicmaster and just for shits and giggles we took it apart.........we took all of our gear apart.. Anyway........the pickup in that Bass was actually a single coil guitar pickup with six polepieces under the emg style cover. I guess Fender was just putting in whatever was laying around at the factory..

Ray
hmph. that would explain alot. It's not a great sounding bass.

#5 ·
rippinglickfest said:

Ray
Exactly! That is what I found and I used to, or still do the same thing, tear the things apart to see what makes 'em. Another thing about that bass, mine was a cream color, I wanted to re-finish it natural so after much stripper I finally saw the wood and it wasn't pretty, gouges, not a solid piece or even a couple planks but many peices all smoothed over with like fiberglass resin. Then I decided I wanted a black bass, oh well....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.