The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I’m new to the forum! I’m in London ON, from here originally. I do sessions and gigs for lots of different artists around Ontario, and I play a lot of slide and lap steel, as well as “regular” guitar, mandolin, bass, percussion etc. Here is one of my YouTube videos below. An arrangement of two Irish Celtic tunes done on electrics and acoustics. Hope everybody is having a good summer!

Cheers,

Jesse

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi there, I’m new to the forum! I’m in London ON, from here originally. I do sessions and gigs for lots of different artists around Ontario, and I play a lot of slide and lap steel, as well as “regular” guitar, mandolin, bass, percussion etc. Here is one of my YouTube videos below. An arrangement of two Irish Celtic tunes done on electrics and acoustics. Hope everybody is having a good summer!

Cheers,

Jesse

Also, as it says in my name, I did technically join in 2016, but I haven’t been active or become a Premium Member until now! Thanks for having me!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Welcome ! ;-)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi, Jesse. Small world--I know your Dad from years back when I worked at the old London Guitar Shop. He's a good player. Welcome!

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, Jesse. Small world--I know your Dad from years back when I worked at the old London Guitar Shop. He's a good player. Welcome!
Hey Shawn, that’s very cool! I remember the Guitar Shop well from when I was very small. Hope you’re doing well!

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Your name is familiar. Pink Floyd cover band? Did/do you have a Dumble amp or am I thinking of someone else?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

Cheers,

Jesse

i think I saw your father play at London Music Hall a few times. Some say….. “The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree”, and indeed, you too are very good!

cheers!

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i think I saw your father play at London Music Hall a few times. Some say….. “The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree”, and indeed, you too are very good!

cheers!
Thank you very much for saying so! It’s really great having that connection with my dad and playing music together for sure. He certainly got me into music and guitars in the first place! Great musician with a great ear.

·
Administrator
17,243 Posts
Welcome Jesse. I also know your dad, although it's been many years since I've seen him. We bought/sold/traded gear back then. I seem to recall he had a studio in your backyard.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Totally unscientific observations of various buy and sell posts.. lots of guitarists in the Windsor / Kitchener / London area... lots of Drummers in the Ajax, Pickering, Oshawa area..

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Totally unscientific observations of various buy and sell posts.. lots of guitarists in the Windsor / Kitchener / London area... lots of Drummers in the Ajax, Pickering, Oshawa area..
Haha that’s a lot larger area! (Windsor London Kitchener). But makes sense a lot more people in the GTA. Very interesting as to why they are concentrated in these areas all in southwestern Ontario!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts