The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Well, I can't speak for everyone here, but I built a two transistor fuzz face clone before.. So this seems like a natural progression to the second ever build - BRING IT! B#(*

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Luckily not my thing. That looks almost as involved as the Aion Gibson LAB series L5 preamp pedal (Lab Series L5 Preamp - DIY PCB Project - Aion Electronics).

When I first saw that I thought it would be a great way to build the ultimate Musicman HD130/solid state Gibson hybrid amp. This preamp with a tube power section; the way hybrids should be (but never were, because it costs more than a starved plate 12AX7). The BYOC unit could work the same way. There are a few good all tube power amps (vs integrated guitar/bass amps) out there (Mesa, Peavey, and Marshall at least).

·
Premium Member
8,542 Posts
lotta soldering, but plug n play I bet - with their (BYOC) good instructions, while I wouldn't take it on as a first project, even a limited amount of experience should see you through that build.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Albeit tedious, I wouldn't think it would do too terrible to build with directions. Serious props to the guys who put it together in the first place though!

I'd like to try building one, but I know I'd hate it. I don't want more than 4 knobs on a pedal ever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts