The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have a chance to buy this. Any owners out there with any input on what they think about this guitar

Edit: this is the MIM version.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Not much to say other than it's as decent an instrument as any MIM Strat you'll find. They're really pretty too! If the price is right go for it.

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
They're out of production now which drives up the price I guess..
I wouldn't buy a guitar based on that, but if you like the guitar and feel the price / performance ratio is where you want to be, I would buy it based on that.

Fender (and the other big builders) have probably discontinued more models than any of us have had hot meals. Occasionally, that may lead to more value down the road. But as often as not it doesn't. Better to buy a guitar because it pulls you, it inspires you. Then, if you enjoy it for years and find out it is a bit more valuable, that just a happy bonus.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't buy a guitar based on that, but if you like the guitar and feel the price / performance ratio is where you want to be, I would buy it based on that.

Fender (and the other big builders) have probably discontinued more models than any of us have had hot meals. Occasionally, that may lead to more value down the road. But as often as not it doesn't. Better to buy a guitar because it pulls you, it inspires you. Then, if you enjoy it for years and find out it is a bit more valuable, that just a happy bonus.
That's exactly what I'm gonna be going for :) This was always the Hendrix strat I wanted cause I don't like the reverse headstock ones but I haven't played one yet. The good thing is that I'll have the chance to spend a good few days maybe even a week with this guitar before buying it, so I can really see if I connect with it or not. I do have another strat build https://guitarscanada.com/index.php?threads/custom-strat-build-local-toronto-builder.235444/ - on the way so I Definitely won't get it unless I really like it. I hope I like it but I won't buy a guitar just for the looks. Earning money is hard!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
That's exactly what I'm gonna be going for :) This was always the Hendrix strat I wanted cause I don't like the reverse headstock ones but I haven't played one yet. The good thing is that I'll have the chance to spend a good few days maybe even a week with this guitar before buying it, so I can really see if I connect with it or not. I do have another strat build https://guitarscanada.com/index.php?threads/custom-strat-build-local-toronto-builder.235444/ - on the way so I Definitely won't get it unless I really like it. I hope I like it but I won't buy a guitar just for the looks. Earning money is hard!

Unless you are in serious need of a backup, I think the Daniel Hano will be all you need. That black Strat is so gorgeous. If it plays half as good as it looks, why spend money on anything similar to it? If you don’t have a good amp to pair with it, put the $950 into one (like a PRRI).

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Unless you are in serious need of a backup, I think the Daniel Hano will be all you need. That black Strat is so gorgeous. If it plays half as good as it looks, why spend money on anything similar to it? If you don’t have a good amp to pair with it, put the $950 into one (like a PRRI).
Been thinking about this the whole day honestly. I think it's true that I wouldn't need another strat and I'm usually not the kind of guy to hoard. I always sell something when I buy something else. I guess the history of that guitar and it's relation to someone who has influenced me alot is what is drawing me in right now.

Maybe I'll come across it at a later time... I'll still check it out though.. I do have the option to finance it at like 80 bucks a month .

Oh and I'm pretty happy with the amp I have! It's a Blackstar Artist 15. Super versatile and clean and a great pedal platform which is what I need.

Thank you for chiming in :)

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I've been playing the guitar for a little but now and it looks like I'll definitely be getting it. Just gonna test it out at a jam to double-check but the fact that I can finance it from LnM makes this decision easier. And the significant other really likes it!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts