The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all tonemeisters. I think I know the answer but I want to check with those in the know.

I play for fun. Period. Just cause I enjoy it. I will likely never ever gig. Although I mess around with various styles (classic rock, metal, 80's hair band, alternative, grunge...), my real passion is the blues.

NO I don't want to sound like Hendrix or SRV! The tone (or close to it) that I'm looking for is Colin James' lead tones. Song examples are "Mystery to Me", "Get Carried Away" (both from FUSE), "Bad Habits" (from Bad Habits) just to name a few.

Now, I'm guessing he probably uses a Fender Twin, Tube Screamer and a Strat.

I have a Strat, a Traynor YCV20WR and 5 different Tube Screamer clones - not to mention a S*&tload of other pedals. I've been on the fence about selling the Traynor and buying a Deluxe Reverb Reissue.

Any thoughts or opinions would help. Thanks.:bow:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw CJ live recently in Vancouver and it looked like he had a couple of Twin Reverbs on stage as well as a Matchless (possibly a combo - didn't have my binos). That's why I was kinda thinking a Deluxe Reverb. Would they basically have the same sound???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts