The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add a jack to two of my tube amps combos.. one amp has 2 speakers in series and the other has a single speaker. I want it wired so that the internal speaker works until I plug into the jack with a patch cord to an external speaker. This I believe is the safest way to protect the OT. I plan on using black for ground/neg and red for power/pos. I was also going to drill a hole for the jack through the wooden cab at the back (or should it be through the metal controls plate?). I believe I will need 2 Switchcraft S-H534's.
can someone simplify for me please, particularily for the 2 internal speaker combo
thanks
RIFF

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
cut out jack

You just need a second jack with a cut out; what happens is your signal from your combo head goes into the first (normal ) jack and THRU the second jack to the combo speaker(s) until you plug into the second jack, wherupon the contact to the combo speaker is opened and the signal goes out thru the cord you plugged in and gets sent to the extension speaker.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is wired direct to the OT. haven't had an opportunity to pick up the new jacks yet as I seldom go to the "big city"..
cheers
RIFF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts