The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make some videos and I'm looking for advice on how to go about this. I've tried using my PC webcam and mic but the quality is terrible. If I want to make a good quality video, what's the best way of doing this? What equipment do I need?

I have have a Fender Strat and A VOX AC-12 tube amp. I also have a Taylor CE-314 with electrics.

What do I need to capture the sound from the amp so that I can record a WAV or M3 file? I have a DigiTech RP-150 modeller that has a USB interface. Would that suffice? For the video part, should I use my web cam or iPhone?

Once you have the video and the audio, how do you bring it all together if you have separate rhythm and lead tracks? Do I need video editing software for this? Any recommendations for a Windows 10 PC?

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
I run a YouTube channel devoted to Woodwind Doubling. I did an entire episode on the gear and techniques I've used.

You are definitely going to need some sort of video editing software, and you'll probably need a DAW and audio editing programs as well for what you want to accomplish.

I've shot episodes on everything from an iPhone to a Prosumer grade dedicated video camera. I've done audio on a Zoom H1, Zoom H6, camera audio and just about every variation you can think of.

My fave video software: Corel VideoStudio Ultimate
DAW: Reaper
Audio Editor: Sound Forge
Still image editing: Corel Aftershot & Paintshop Pro

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
+1 for reaper...you can even use it for videos as well
you can get decent, cheap audio gear such as Focusrite solo that comes with the connection to the computer and a single input to record to...you can plu directly into it and use amp simulators in reaper, and just record straight in for your acoustic...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts