The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I just ordered a non finished neck from Guitar Mill. (I really like their stuff).
I'll need to get the neck finished - hopefully nitro - plus get tuners mounted and mounting holes drilled. I'm in London ON - any idea where I can take it to get some quality work done?
Thanks - :)

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Seeing as this is the Guitar Building forum, why not do it yourself? Rattle cans? Oil finish? I'm assuming it is a bolt on style?

Do you want a pro job / pro price? Nitro is pretty forgiving especially on a neck.

Cheers Peter.

·
Premium Member
1,435 Posts
I've had 4 unfinished necks from Musikraft. The first I finished in clear lacquer and the rest in Truoil (gunstock finish) that I tinted slightly. I every much prefer the Truoil and considering ease of application and (in my opinion a superior feel), I probably won't go back to lacquer. Of course, YMMV.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
don't mind a pro job at a pro price - I live in a condo so makes doing work at home difficult. Really hoping to find someone who can just do it all for me. Thanks for the tips so far.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
don't mind a pro job at a pro price - I live in a condo so makes doing work at home difficult. Really hoping to find someone who can just do it all for me. Thanks for the tips so far.
Yeah - that's a little trickier for sure. I'm just in the process of renovating my shop to add a paint booth but I have sprayed a few guitars in my open shop without issue. I have only done set neck but I am working on a tele build at the moment and looking forward to spraying the body and neck separately. I have a friend in Hamilton that could do it for you, but I suspect you should be able to find someone locally.

Regards Peter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts