The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this amp new in 74 or 75, played in basically a garage band (played a few dates, but mostly just for fun). All good except standby switch doesn't work now(did before, but?)
Comes with a nearly unused tremelo/reverb pedal, a seldom used wah wah peddle and a kick ass 70's fuzzbox I used the hell out of in good working order, plus an impulse purchase new pedal I diddled with for one afternoon. I simply don't use it and can't see myself doing so.
I have no idea what to price it at, input is appreciated, thanks.
pics:

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Is that an original Traynor footswitch? I've been looking for one... I'm not even sure if they exist—was just asking on here not too long ago. Looks just like my Garnet footswitch, only with the red face.

As to the value, YGMs are listed all over kijiij for between $400 and $900. I just bought my YGM-3 for $400. There are enough @ $400 (and often enough) that I don't know if people pay any more for them. Great amps but (kinda) unfortunately undervalued, especially if you're the seller.

·
Premium Member
3,307 Posts
I saw mine priced at $700 on consignment. I was so perfect that I thought it was a brand-new re-issue.

I bought it later from a forum member for $400.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, ga20t it's a Kent.

None listed out here, never thought to check other area's. Looks like they sold a ton of them in Ont back in the day.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
You will see crazy prices but the simple truth is that the more desirable Guitarmate (12" speaker) regularly sell for $350-450. Yes, you will also see crazy prices for Guitarmates but they don't sell. So if you really want to sell a Studiomate I wouldn't go much more than $350 if you actually want it to move.

TG

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Um, think I may qualify as a hoarder, been thinking about, "thinning the herd", decided to plug in my godin 5th ave to the amp before I advertise them both.........that godin sounds pretty nice plugged in to that amp, so keeping both, what can I say?
Thanks for the input though everyone.

(standby switch works fine now, think it heard me talking about selling it. ;) )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts