The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I have this chromatic tuner, and whenever I use it, it always seems to do the exact opposite of what I want it to do. When I tune it the tuner says each string is correct (standard tuning) but when I play it doesnt sound in tune at all, and I am really bad when it comes to tuning by ear so I need this stupid thing. My friend came over and said I have to set it to calibrate it or something, but I don't know what I set it to. It has numbers 410-480 with a Hz at the end. What do I put it to? Please help thanks.

:smilie_flagge17::rockon2::food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
what kind (acoustic/electric) and brand/model of guitar? It might just have really bad intotation....

Maybe your strings need stretching?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Double check that you're tuning each string to the right note. I've seen a lot of people go onto cruise control and just focus on getting the green light to come on so the string is perfecty in tune to some note, but not the right note.

·
Premium Member
16,796 Posts
Double check that you're tuning each string to the right note. I've seen a lot of people go onto cruise control and just focus on getting the green light to come on so the string is perfecty in tune to some note, but not the right note.
Yup,

That's what I was thinking. Most chromatic tuners will have a little sharp icon that people can easily not notice. For example, your A string may be bang on (to A #). That will definitely sound off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts