The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okey, so i have pulled my ad once again on the Memphis Studio. Reason being every time i play it, i end up enjoying it after an hour or so .The bad part is i am not in love with the Dimarzio HB in it so anyone recommendations in putting in a P90. Is the wiring the same (i assume not) Can i get a P90 that will fit and wiring the same as the HB. Am i gonna get a cleaner sounding sound or ?
gibson memphis studio.JPG
Any help on your behalf is welcomed. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
Cleaner sound.....no.
Warmer.... noisy (single coil)

How about the P-Rail?

Reactions: marcos

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
Make your you buy a humbucker size p90. A normal p90 won't fit. Lindy Fralin is my suggestion

Reactions: marcos

·
Premium Member
17,332 Posts
Is the wiring the same (i assume not) Can i get a P90 that will fit and wiring the same as the HB.
The wiring should be the same. You might want to change the (electronic) value of the capacitor on the tone pot to suite your preference.

As mentioned, there are many humbucker sized P90's.
I am going to give a plug for Seymour Duncan Phat Cats (I had a set in a 335 copy)... The pic is to encourage you to try some brand of P90's

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
I think a p90 would be a good choice for that guitar. I have a couple of LPJs single p90 at the bridge and they are a ton of fun to play. P90s have a great sound and they rip.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The wiring should be the same. You might want to change the (electronic) value of the capacitor on the tone pot to suite your preference.

As mentioned, there are many humbucker sized P90's.
I am going to give a plug for Seymour Duncan Phat Cats (I had a set in a 335 copy)... The pic is to encourage you to try some brand of P90's

Thanks Dave. Had not thought of the cap.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for your help. I learn something new everyday and thats what its all about. Rather than spend $$$ on it and not be sure of the results i decided to sell it this morning. I was not in love with it to start but glad i had the occasion to play it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Since you have just one pickup, you could put a 4 wire Humbucker in and split the coil with a push/ pull pot. The you'd have Humbucker and single coil, to use.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts