The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an old fender champ frome another forumer here. I'm so excited to try it but one of the speaker wire was broke when I open the box. Did someone have one and can told me were it goes? It's the black one. I look everywhere and I don't see where it goes. There just one point with soldering and a little part of cop wire and it just on a little part of metal where the white wire get in the amp box. Sorry I don't have any picture for now, but I will get some soon! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I see the wire and I do it right! Now the little beast work and sound AMMMMAZIIIINNNG!! How can I live without an real tube sound like that! It's like changing world!

Bu the way, wich kind of tubes do you use? Mine are the RCA original and they look tired!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Now don't get too hasty, Ti-Ron. It doesn't really matter what they look like, unless you're running a museum. If your Champ is loud enough to get a complaint from someone unsympathetic next door, and sort of loud enough to play with a quiet drummer or do a quiet solo gig in a hard room (donut shop with tile and glass), there's nothing wrong with it.

Close your eyes or blindfold yourself to listen to a new tube. The '77 Fender 6V6 in my silverface '77 Champ is better than six other (some new aftermarket) tubes that Songbird tried in it, so I backed off from the upgrade.

Peter

·
Registered
737 Posts
A happy ending! Your tubes sound fine? They are ok then. Get some spare JJ's or GrooveTube or Electro Harmonix sometime, whatever, just rock that thing man!

http://www.thetubestore.com/

:wave:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Or Ruby Tubes from FrogRick12.

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all you greetings and your advice! I will lokk for the tubes and for an amp tech, just for a little tune up and cleaning! The little beast is awsome! I really love it! I thing I won't sleep tonight! :p

Keep on rockin'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts