The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me identify this really old traynor vintage amp...
Its covered in elephant colored grey tolex and has a weird carrying handle on the side, and the knobs are on the bottom of the head, as opposed to most traynor heads I have seen. The control knobs themselves are really big, like 3 times the size of a fender strat knob...and they look just like huge fender strat type knobs...really weird...and they amp is definately a traynor as the logo is right on the front...ill get pics tomorrow if I can but yeah heres a quickie picture description. It sure sounds good with a good overdrive pedal but yeah I wanna know what it is. Searched the traynor website for their vintage stuff...found nothing. I might have an antique here!

the matching cab is a 2x12 but has a weird sort of base on the bottom...that kinda makes the cab sit higher.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Sounds to me like the 1980s Solid State heads with a built in speaker (turns your head into a combo!).

If you like it cool, but its not old in Traynor terms and isn't what most people are looking for. But again, if it sounds good it is good.

TG

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whoa yeah thanks! Ill check that out. It does sound pretty good though...especially if you tweak it a bit. Quite convincing. thanks again! :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Does it have glass? You might find info on velvetblack, ser# might help. It might be that someone built a new box for it.

Or maybe it's a Chinese knockoff!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It's a TS-200. A 200 watt transistor amp. I used one when I was playing full time around 1979-80 with a 4-12 cabinet. They originally came with a weird 9x8 cab that I didn't like. I used it with no effects, and used to get compliments on the tone from people that didn't know it wasn't a tube amp.lofu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts