The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s driving me nuts. I bought a new amp to go with my Les Paul back in 1980. It was not the usual Fender, Marshall or Vox. I kept it a few months and sold it. Things is, i don’t believe they’re made anymore and I just can’t remember the name. I think it a “12” in the name?

Does that ring a bell? What else was sold then and not made anymore? No reason to ask other than to stop trying to figure it out.

Thanks eh.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Just a list off the top of my head of amp ads I can remember from mid-80's guitar mags...

Dean Markley
Seymour Duncan
Randall
Kendrick
Peavey
Ampeg
Bedrock
Carvin
kmd
Kitty Hawk
Acoustic
Washburn
Gorilla

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
D2B77257-4BCF-4525-9221-896862100953.jpeg

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
It’s driving me nuts. I bought a new amp to go with my Les Paul back in 1980. It was not the usual Fender, Marshall or Vox. I kept it a few months and sold it. Things is, i don’t believe they’re made anymore and I just can’t remember the name. I think it a “12” in the name?

Does that ring a bell? What else was sold then and not made anymore? No reason to ask other than to stop trying to figure it out.

Thanks eh.
Was it a Carlsbro?They were a big deal for a while.They actually supplied Jim Marshall’s shop before he started building his own amps,or so the story goes.
Pretty high gain,real coarse grille cloth,very industrial looking cabinets,very 1980’s Metal styling.
Maybe sorta like this:

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
I still have my son's Guitar magazines from the 80's but it will take a lot more than 7o billion for me to go through them. I'm a piano player. Ignore my forum name "Guitar101". It's fake news.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No go.. the amp, as I remember correctly, had 2 large speakers and would have been a good 100 Watts if not more. Bought it a Steve’s in Montreal and remember paying around 700 for it.

It bothers me I can’t remember anything else about it .... thanks for the suggestions folks

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
;)Wasn’t one of these cheap and nasty, beat up P.O.S’s was it?
A1EE7421-8386-4705-9C7F-FB16B61D6C32.jpeg

Reactions: Sneaky and davetcan
1 - 20 of 29 Posts