The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...so...lately I've been recording some really nice clean tracks by taking the red channel on my Koch and twisting the master volume knob all the way up and dropping the gain all the way down and just nudging it back up until the channel is clean, with a bit of hair, and lots of air and glass in the sound. It's gorgeous. But it's also LOUD if use the speaker and not my Palmer unit so I can't use this setting live and it's bumming me out.

So I'm looking for a pedal that'll help me cover this sound live. The green channel on the Koch is pristine clean at up to insane volume levels. Very Twin-like. So if there's a pedal that could make this channel sound a little more like what I was doing with the red overdrive channel that would please me greatly.

Help me with my search? Recommend some pedals I should look at and possibly some knob settings on them?

I was thinking of trying a GT-500 and running the boost really clean to see if hitting the clean channel with a huge signal helped get me to this same sound.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Check out the Diamond pedals, there J Drive is awesome, boost and OD in one pedal. And they are Canadian, I have one of there pedals and the workmanship is excellent, inside and out.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Check out the Diamond pedals, there J Drive is awesome, boost and OD in one pedal. And they are Canadian, I have one of there pedals and the workmanship is excellent, inside and out.
I listened to those Diamond clips on their site. That's a nice pedal. Thanks for the tip off. Although the first few clips left me wanting to try a Carmen Ghia more than a J-Drive! :smile:

So my short list is looking like this:

* Diamond J-Drive
* Fulltone GT-500 (I'd try a Fulldrive but you can't use the boost alone which bugs me)
* SRB808+ Dual Drive

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I listened to those Diamond clips on their site. That's a nice pedal. Thanks for the tip off. Although the first few clips left me wanting to try a Carmen Ghia more than a J-Drive! :smile:

So my short list is looking like this:

* Diamond J-Drive
* Fulltone GT-500 (I'd try a Fulldrive but you can't use the boost alone which bugs me)
* SRB808+ Dual Drive
I have a J Drive Mk 3 (it's boost is independent) on ebay, cheap right now;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220175255351&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=012

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Define "cheap" -- everything on my list so far is <$200 shipped to me on the used market. That's what I'm after.
My reserve is $150 plus shipping. If it only got to $140 or so, I'd sell for that too.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My reserve is $150 plus shipping. If it only got to $140 or so, I'd sell for that too.
I never really understood reserves. People seem ready enough to tell you what it is if you ask. Why not just put it up for a starting price of $140?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts