The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
+1 on the Fender Rumble series. My grandson is learning bass. We bought him the 40 watt Rumble. It might be a little weak for live shows but I am very impressed with how good it sounds and how easy it was for him to figure it out. If the rest of the series is the same preamp they should be good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
‘09 American Standard Precision Bass body (Candy Cola) w/ ‘06 Geddy Lee Jazz Bass neck.
I play something similar, i.e. a Fender hybrid:

Strung with Sadowsky flatwounds.

I am using a Mesa Walkabout (removable head c/w tube preamp, DI, 1x12" neodymium, horn, downward passive radiator, 300 Watts @ 4 Ohms / 165 Watts @ 8 Ohms) that sounds great.

This amp also sounds great with my double bass, through a Myers Pickups mini-condenser mic (a very tiny signal), input to a Tube MP preamp before the Mesa.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice bass! Mine is similar. I have the FSR Deluxe Precision. Precision body, Jazz neck, P and J pickups. You can't go wrong with that Trace Elliott. I've only played through a combo amp, but it sounded decent. I have a Yorkville combo. The Bassmaster XM200. The combo is the 4x10, but I also have a 1x15 extension cab with it. I've had it for nearly 20 years now and it still sounds good. They go used for a decent price.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts