The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I've got a Warmoth 'super strat' style guitar on the way and I'm conflicting about which neck pickup to go with.

First, I'll describe the guitar:

-Solid alder body
-H/H routing
-2 volumes with a 3 way switch
-the neck is a 22 fret explorer style

So, the requirements really are it just has to be a humbucker, a neck pickup, and preferably high output (not a must because I would like to play a little bit of cleans aswell)

I've chosen a Dimebucker for the bridge, so maybe something that compliments that would be excellent.

Some I were think of:
Seymour Duncan JB (do they make a neck version of this???)
Dimarzio Air Norton

Thanks

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Seymour Duncan '59 or Dimarzio Air Norton.

The '59 paired with the Dimebucker sounds real nice, same combo Dime himself used in the Damageplan days (Pantera was Bill Lawrence L500XL and the Duncan '59). Great for leads, decent for cleans and OK for sweeps.

Air Norton... all Petrucci on this bad boy, lol. Very warm cleans, great for leads and amazing for sweeps.

Dimarzio is medium output, I believe the '59 is a bit higher output. See if you can find an axe with them are try them out. I plan on gettin' a Dimarzio D-Sonic and Air Norton combo for my Ibanez in the next couple of months.

I

·
0 Posts
My favourite neck PU is a PRS Dragon I. It's punchy and bell like and works well clean and with overdrive. It can be a little too powerful paired with a standard PAF clone. I run it with a JB in the bridge and it's a very flexible combination. Sounds great split as well I might add.

Second choice would be a tie between the Voodoo '60 and the WCR Goodwood (although I've only used these in the set so I can't comment on how it'd work with a Dimebucker -- my instincts say not well! :smile: ).

·
Banned
153 Posts
JB neck would work very well, and is a great neck pickup. Ive always wanted to try a full shred neck, and I think with your Dimebucker would maybe be awesome. The other guys right tho, vcant go wrong with a 59 or even a Aph-1 neck in there.But thats all Duncan stuff. A Dimarzio PAf would work well too i think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts