The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - many people over the years have suggested I come up with a headstock logo. I have a friend who does graphic design and he put a few ideas together.

This is a tough decision..... who wants to help me choose? (There should be a file attached to this thread.....)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,329 Posts
I like #1 and #4 and #7

Probably #7 would be my top choice of these three.

As you have correctly guessed/surmised ...I am into simplicity and am very conservative.

L

·
0 Posts
#'s 5 and 6, depending on the headstock it's going on.
#5 should have 6 inline tuners though, seeing that it's strat shaped.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Any potential copyright issues with those with the head stocks shown?

I like the flow of #10 and #14 the best but I’m not crazy about the “y” and the “t” in #10. I realize they are just a part of that font. Can #14 have more flow? It’s like a small sine wave of sound resonating out the headstock....ok, never mind!

·
Registered
569 Posts
#14 first, #7 second. I also like#11 but not its 'glitches' in the i and t.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
4, 7 and 9 (maybe). I prefer the simplicity of the 1st 2. Definitely hate the ones with the guitar neck or the big overpowering ovals.

P

·
0 Posts
They all look nice, but tend to look more like signs for a music store than headstock logos. I would get a photo of your headstock and overlay the logos onto the headstock.

I also question the size and weight of "Guitars" to Ayr. Guitars is not that important or even necessary on a guitar. Gibson, Fender, PRS etc. don't have "guitars". It's not needed because it's on a guitar.

I suggest you ask the artist to make samples with just Ayr and/or AYR overlayed onto your headstock, and get back to us here again.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They all look nice, but tend to look more like signs for a music store than headstock logos. I would get a photo of your headstock and overlay the logos onto the headstock.

I also question the size and weight of "Guitars" to Ayr. Guitars is not that important or even necessary on a guitar. Gibson, Fender, PRS etc. don't have "guitars". It's not needed because it's on a guitar.

I suggest you ask the artist to make samples with just Ayr and/or AYR overlayed onto your headstock, and get back to us here again.
Yeah, I’ve been thinking of this too - I was unsure of putting the word “guitars” on a headstock. Ayr by itself just seemed too short and small. I wasn’t planning to put a model name on.

This is one reason I haven’t done this yet - too many decisions. I just want to build guitars..... LOL!

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,114 Posts

1 - 20 of 41 Posts