The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at some locally on the used marketand wanted some opinions....

YGL1 for around $375

YGL2 around $500

Early 70s YGM3 around $500

I want a good clean to use with pedals but if it has good dirt thats fine too. I also want to be able to connect an attenuator to the amp.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I like those amps but I'm looking for a combo and these are for sale locally and used so these are what I'm looking at right now.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
YCV50 lover here.

Excellent with the stock Vintage 30 - amazing (and lighter) with a Creamback Neo!

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
I too would go with the YGM 3 but budget for a new speaker to replace the crap stock Marsland. I think you can do better on the price; I had trouble selling a later 70s YGM 3 for $350 a few winters back.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
I've owned all three and still have a YGM3 reissue and the YGL 1. I really like the YGL 1. With the master volume and tone stack switching, there are lots of options from clean to dirt. It is also very portable. And an effects loop.

L

·
0 Posts
I want a good clean to use with pedals but if it has good dirt that's fine too. I also want to be able to connect an attenuator to the amp.
I would get a Dark Horse or Iron Horse head. I absolutely love my Dark Horse.
I have the IronHorse (40/15 watt) with a Celestion Lead 80 and it sounds great (to me).
My gas for tube is satiated.
A lot of headroom on the clean channel and the dirt channel, 'crunch' actually, is just delicious to the ears.
Either way, Happy Hunting!

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
I have an old YGM3 - great amp, so long as it already has a better speaker in it. and is in proper working order. Hooray for old Traynors!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts