The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I just got myself a dean ml, and picked up some Seymour Duncan JB pick ups to swap at the bridge. I can't find a wiring diagram specific for the dean ML. So I've removed the original pick up and soldered the new one in place in a similar fashion, didn't work, followed a couple other Seymour Duncan wiring schematics, didn't work. Help me!!!!!!!!!! everything I have found online relates to a guitar with 2 tone knobs and 2 volume knobs where as the dean has 2 volume and 1 tone I believe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im looking for more specifically which pots i need to solder which wire to. I thought it would be as easy as take 1 out put 1 in. but it doesn't seem to work that way. this may help though. or more specifically if anyone has replaced this in their dean if they could tell me how they wired it that would be fantastic.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
From Sulphur's post above a Duncan as a two conductor pup would be solder in as follows;

Red (north finish) and white (south finish) go together and get taped off.

Green (ground) and bare (also ground) go together and get soldered to ground (typically on the back of the volume pot)

Black (hot) goes to the tab on the volume pot where the hot wire from the last pup was.

If that spec leaves you out-of-phase with your neck pup, reverse the black and green wires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's how I had it originally soldered but it was all fucked. I'll try reversing like you said. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For some reason my neck pickup is silent no matter how i wire this, I have no disconnected the neck pickup in any way. That i know of.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.