The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all from eastern canada
recently bought our son a mansfield flying v to replace his jay turser he got a year ago and now i am thinking about taking lessons myself but i think i am too old ...for the v anyway :) . was browsing sale sites and came across an early 70's explorer but had no identification on it , how can you identify the maker of it ? does each one have a detail typical to themselves?
i have a pic but do not know how to post up.
thanks
dave

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
recently bought our son a mansfield flying v to replace his jay turser he got a year ago and now i am thinking about taking lessons myself but i think i am too old ...for the v anyway :) . was browsing sale sites and came across an early 70's explorer but had no identification on it , how can you identify the maker of it ? does each one have a detail typical to themselves?
thanks
dave
Welcome, there are instructions on how to post pics in the "admin announcements" forum. Check that out. Then lets have a look at that guitar and we will see if we can help you out.

·
Registered
737 Posts
...............how can you identify the maker of it ? does each one have a detail typical to themselves?
thanks
dave
Greetings Rusty Dave! Could likely be a Japanese make with any number of names on it, check it out anyway if it's close by. If it plays good, sounds good, and has a decent price, then....

Never too old to Rock & Roll!

Good luck and welcome! :wave:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Welcome Dave, regarding photos, go to http://www.photobucket.com and set up an account there. You can either paste the URL where your picture is or copy and paste the IMG marker so your photo will show up here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
pics...... i hope what do you think??
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

this info supplied from seller
"Set neck, solid Mahogany Explorer from the 1970's, complete with Schaller (German made) tuners. All the classic battle scars a vintage guitar should have, but a tonne of mojo and a wonderful sounding, playing and feeling guitar that is sure to get attention! No name posted on headstock, but the guitar bears German parts, so you tell me! Possible early Japanese!"

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Welcome, Rusty! Cool guitar, but if I was just starting out I'd be looking for a guitar I could easily play sitting up or standing down. IMO, that Explorer shape is a bit more limiting than a Strat, Tele or SG-type shape... as for what kind of Explorer-esque that guitar actually is, I'll leave it to more experienced heads than mine.

Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts