The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, not exactly new as I chimed into a bunch of threads previously, but never did one of these, so hello from Hamilton.

The reason I decided to post now is that Tapatalk stopped sending me notifications for this forum about a month ago. Other work, just not this. I’m hoping a new post with get things moving again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Welcome to GC. Would you like to share what you're playing these days and the type of music you like?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to GC. Would you like to share what you're playing these days and the type of music you like?
I bounce between a Epiphone LP Standard, Epiphone Nighthawk and a Squier VM Tele. I’ve got a love/hate relationship going on with an original Squier ‘51 and a Godin Freeway Classic both of which I like a lot, but can’t bond with. Additionally I have a Godin SD and Ibanez SZ320 which spend more time in cases than in my hands.

I got back into guitar after 20ish years away, now I’m mid-life with 2 kids and a wife so I’ve got very little time to practice, but I’ve probably only missed playing a dozen days over the last couple years. I’m getting better, which is as far as my goal goes. Having fun with it.

Still no Tapatalk notifications... grrrr.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Me too. I thought the forums were just dead but when I go to specific ones there’s lots of new stuff, just no notifications

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did it happen about a month ago? Late October(ish)?

Now I’m thinking it may have been a change on the board or with Tapatalk and not some bone headed thing I did.

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
Me too. I thought the forums were just dead but when I go to specific ones there’s lots of new stuff, just no notifications

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did it stop late October?

They were doing a “beta” test thingy, I sent them a heads-up about the notifications, received the “did you get a screen shot?” & that’s the last I heard from them.
Someone at Tapa f#%€ed it up.

Hey! Welcome Spaz!!!

Sent from my other brain.

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
I have to go to downtown Hamilton usually during the winter for business meetings now and then - I like Hamilton, the people are decent and it’s a bit scrappy but so am I ... lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have to go to downtown Hamilton usually during the winter for business meetings now and then - I like Hamilton, the people are decent and it’s a bit scrappy but so am I ... lol
I like it here a lot, that said, I’m in Westdale, which is pretty lacking in the character that people associate Hamilton with. I grew up outside of Detroit though, so I probably have a little bit of that scrappy bred into me as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They were doing a “beta” test thingy, I sent them a heads-up about the notifications, received the “did you get a screen shot?” & that’s the last I heard from them.
Someone at Tapa f#%€ed it up.

Hey! Welcome Spaz!!!

Sent from my other brain.
Damn... so it might just fix itself? I still get alerts from other forums, just not this one.

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
I grew up outside of Detroit though, so I probably have a little bit of that scrappy bred into me as well.
Back in the 80s I was in Detroit for a month and loved the place. Great people and great music scene. Leave the bar at 3 am and go to an abandoned movie theatre that had a fuckn giant pipe organ and a grand piano; just maybe 8 of us in the place and these dudes were layin it down. One morning I was talking to a cop at some diner and he was telling me how he had been a horse cop at one time and ridin through the park in the winter etc. So I say this place is fuckin awesome and I really like it here. He says “you just ain’t met the right people yet” ... lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’ve got a lot of love for Detroit, but I moved away and have never seriously considered going back.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts