The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking a while here and finally decided to post the other day. I've been playing for about 35 years tho really only more seriously (tho still just for fun) the past ten or so.

A while ago I decided to learn how to so minor stuff to my own guitars (setups, pickup swaps, minor fretwork, etc). So now I do some of that stuff for friends but it also led me down a path where for about the past 5 years I've been looking after Nugent's collection of guitars at his Michigan home.

I'm heavily influenced by the playing of Billy Gibbons, Ted, Joe Perry and I suppose a bit by David Wilcox (no doubt many from Ontario also saw him countless times in the '80s).

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome aboard!

Handling Sweaty Teddy's guitars! I'm envious.
Any cool stories that you can share with us?
Cool stories? I could answer pretty much any question about his gear I suppose. I held his phone and recorded the FB live guitar vid done last fall (its on YouTube) and it was fun to do.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried to get a good view of his fingers and picking style while doing it. It was 99% unscripted. He had an idea of what he wanted to talk about. I suggested starting it off with his truck and then he just came in and started riffing (both verbally and on the guitar, lol).

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Hello and welcome!

You have some pretty awesome Guitar Heroes.

David Wilcox is as Canadian as it gets!

Been a fan of his and Billy Gibbons forever!

Btw! Let me introduce myself officially!

My name is Lola and I am the one an only active female on this forum and loving every minute of it!

Enjoy yourself.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Welcome aboard!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts