The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Haven't played guitar for roughly 25 years but I really miss it. Went and bought a small amplifier about three weeks ago, now on the hunt for a used guitar. Have two younger children who love music, so I'm hoping we can learn together.

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mark.
A lot of members here that are on the rebound from a long hiatus.
Given time, your fingers will remember.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Good stuff. If you want your kids to learn music, sensor their musical intake to only what you prescribe. I went with a playlist of 300 songs from my past. Top songs from all genres.

I learn every song they decide to sing along to now they have a live set list of 15 songs.

They're 10-8-6-3. Their top rendition is two part harmony of helplessly hoping.

Cheers and welcome.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good stuff. If you want your kids to learn music, sensor their musical intake to only what you prescribe. I went with a playlist of 300 songs from my past. Top songs from all genres.

I learn every song they decide to sing along to now they have a live set list of 15 songs.

They're 10-8-6-3. Their top rendition is two part harmony of helplessly hoping.

Cheers and welcome.
That's great! I try to introduce them to music other than the latest pop hit on the radio. Most of the time they like it. I introduced them to the Beatles last year and they listened to them steady for a month.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forum Mark.
A lot of members here that are on the rebound from a long hiatus.
Given time, your fingers will remember.
Can't wait to get started again. I've been watching videos on YouTube about scales, theory, technique, etc. Wish this stuff was around when I first started playing.

·
Premium Member
17,191 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Please post often and start many new threads.

How wonderful that you are introducing your children to various types of music.
I can very clearly remember hearing " Peter and the Wolf " by Prokofiev (the narrated version) as a young person ...I was blown away!! I thought classical music was terrible stuff ...until then.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the forum!! Please post often and start many new threads.

How wonderful that you are introducing your children to various types of music.
I can very clearly remember hearing " Peter and the Wolf " by Prokofiev (the narrated version) as a young person ...I was blown away!! I thought classical music was terrible stuff ...until then.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
14,395 Posts
Cool--sounds like fun...
Welcome

1 - 15 of 15 Posts