The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Learned of this place from a thread on another forum.

I live in Whitby, ON. I play a bit of Bass. Used to play some guitar too. Still have a nice Fender MIJ '62 Photoflame reissue that I got around 1996 new from Long & McQuade. Upgraded the pups with Seymour Duncans and also updgraded the pots and switch. It always played great but sounded terrible. Now it plays great and sounds killer! It's a keeper. Also have a Garrison Acoustic.

On the bass side I have 3 Rickenbackers and a Fender Geddy J plus an Ibanez acoustic Bass.

Not playing in a band right now but would love to pick up a bass with a group who wanted to jam a bit and play from time to time. Nothing too seriuos though as my time is not as free as it once was.

Anyway hello!

·
Registered
11,757 Posts
Welcome to the forum Marty!

Already a gold member, nice.
Now you can upload some gear pics directly off your computer. :)

I have a MIJ Fotoflame Jazz bass, I like it a lot.

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome aboard Marty.
I recently picked up bass and I'm loving it!

Now you can upload some gear pics directly off your computer. :)
Would love to see your Ricky's.
That's one that I'd like to add to my collection. Then I'll be happy.

·
Registered
14,379 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Hi Marty and welcome. If you would like to, you can come and be a guest bassist with one of the bands I am in.

Let me know.

·
Mad Strappier
470 Posts
Hello Marty. I'm realizing suddenly my bass skills are lacking. Tracking for songs in my little recording outfit I'm always just ahead of the beat - Its driving me crazy!

Any tips?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello Marty. I'm realizing suddenly my bass skills are lacking. Tracking for songs in my little recording outfit I'm always just ahead of the beat - Its driving me crazy!

Any tips?
I don’t even think I know what you are asking? What are you dealing anyway?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Welcome Ricky, the owner of the 3 Marty! Move to Ottawa, the town with almost no bass players!

Any tips?
Have you checked your buffer size, maybe you are tracking with too much latency and you are unconsciously trying to compensa in your playing.

·
Mad Strappier
470 Posts
Welcome Ricky, the owner of the 3 Marty! Move to Ottawa, the town with almost no bass players!

Have you checked your buffer size, maybe you are tracking with too much latency and you are unconsciously trying to compensa in your playing.
Hmmm that almost makes enough sense to be true! or a great excuse anyway LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts