The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
19,636 Posts
Welcome Bob. It seems you joined about a year ago.

· Registered
Fenders, '57 Gretsch 6120, Gibson ES-125, J-200, '49 Epiphone Zephyr Deluxe, Frank Gay No. 188
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, thanks for all the 'welcomes!'
A bit about me, I've been involved in 'old guitars' (later to become 'vintage guitars') for over 50 years now...
I'm Cadillac Bob, from BC. I've been playing blues, southern gospel, rockabilly, Louisiana Swamp pop, old traditional country, since the late '60's.
Had an opportunity to meet & learn off some of my hero's, in the early '70's...John Lee Hooker, Hubert Sumlin, BB King, Johnny Shines, Rev Gary Davis...on & on...
I've been 'through' a lot of cool guitars over the years...and got to play in Texas, Louisiana & Missipy (also England & Europe) besides BC & Alberta...never had 2 nickles to rub together so I'd have to sell a guitar to get another...I'm sure some of you know that drill!
I've found over the years, acquiring cool guitars works best when you have good friends & you're honest.

CBob

· Registered
Fenders, '57 Gretsch 6120, Gibson ES-125, J-200, '49 Epiphone Zephyr Deluxe, Frank Gay No. 188
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is Tabby Thomas' Blues Box in Baton Rouge...I had just acquired 'Swamp Thang'...a '57 Stratocaster originally owned by a preacher in Lafayette, Louisiana...for anyone interested in the 'real' history of the blues...read Chris Thomas (King)'s book The Blues 'the authentic narrative of my music & culture' ...Chris (son of Tabby Thomas) was on bass with his brother on drums...'The House Rockers'!

CBob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts