The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So great to be part of this forum ..should have done it a long time ago.
A bit about myself...
I had a home studio for some years but since moving to a condo I had to sell all my gear except for my strat.
I still have a Line 6 Spider II and would like to sell it but want to keep playing guitar at home and have a good pair of Sennheiser phones.
What the best way to go about this without compromising that amp sound/tone.
I don't want to record to a computer,just play along with Pink Floyd backing tracks...(that's the note I'm looking for).
Every time I read about the multi fx pedals,one is always better than the next ?!?!
If I go with individual pedals and place them on a pedal board,where do I plug in my headphones?
Do I get a preamp or something similar?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm afraid I can't help you out as I tend to record on computer, but I'm sure others will have some advice for you.

·
Premium Member
8,481 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I'd consider getting a Roland Cube. The newer models have a jack, so you can hook a cell phone up and run some backing tracks off youtube, etc.. You can listen through headphones and it's sounds as good as I think you're gonna get.

FYI - the cube has built in effects that sound great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum.

I'd consider getting a Roland Cube. The newer models have a jack, so you can hook a cell phone up and run some backing tracks off youtube, etc.. You can listen through headphones and it's sounds as good as I think you're gonna get.

Never thought of that ...I'll check it out
Thanks

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I was blown away at how good the Cube's Tweed preset was too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am also a computer user so I will not be much help! I have a modified Gretch G5222 5W practice amp running out of my computer using positive grid's Bias Amp and other effects. Or I use my Sennheiser HD 650's! I never bought any effects units since I do not gig and because they improve too quickly!
Coinidentally I am not a fan of guitar pkugins as well! I use them because they are cost effective but I'd rather
buy a few good pedals instead which I intend to do!

I am definitely going to by the new roland JC-22! Roland releases JC-22 combo | Songwriting Magazine

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
My Marshall DFX 50 has a jack! It's really a godsend if I want to play at 4 am!

Being a night owl I usually play after midnight!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts