The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
retired last Aug. , sold the plot in Boundary Bay and moved up to Kaleden BC ...about 10 minutes from Penticton....couldn't have made a better move if I'd had Bobby Fischer make it for me ..
been playing since I was a kid and like so many I gave it up to raise a family and make money but I managed to pick it up again when the kid grew up ...I'm in the Intermediate Camp of guitar playing but am a professional lover of the sport and will barter , fight , and block any comers if the GAS comes on and there's a deal to be had ....if C/L gave ratings for active individuals I'd be a 9.9 ...at least I was before I moved ...not a big market in these parts....so really that's how I found y'all ...look forward to joining the conversation on guitars and maybe do a little horse trading ...

I've been a member of TDPRI for the last 10 years and go by ROADMAN .....just sayin

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
Welcome. We hope to end up around there when we retire - or should I say when my wife retires - I think I may be already retired if Oil & Gas business doesn't get better soon.
We rent a place on Naramata Bench for a week or two every summer. Beautiful part of the world.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Welcome to the forum! My parents moved to the Okanagan about 10 years ago - it is pretty nice up there.

Lots of cool people here on GC and lots of activity, which is nice. They've done a very nice job with this forum. I think you will find this is a cool place to hang out =)

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! My in-laws retired to Kelowna about 25 years ago so we spend a lot of time in that area. I had never heard of Kaleden, I had to Google it. Must be off the beaten track a bit. Anything on Skaha has got to be fantastic though, nice move.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the Forum! My in-laws retired to Kelowna about 25 years ago so we spend a lot of time in that area. I had never heard of Kaleden, I had to Google it. Must be off the beaten track a bit. Anything on Skaha has got to be fantastic though, nice move.
actually it's right off the Hwy between Okanagan falls and Penticton ....the main reason we bought the house we're in is the view of Skaha ....awesome does not do it justice

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
6,216 Posts
retired last Aug. , sold the plot in Boundary Bay and moved up to Kaleden BC ...about 10 minutes from Penticton....couldn't have made a better move if I'd had Bobby Fischer make it for me ..
been playing since I was a kid and like so many I gave it up to raise a family and make money but I managed to pick it up again when the kid grew up ...I'm in the Intermediate Camp of guitar playing but am a professional lover of the sport and will barter , fight , and block any comers if the GAS comes on and there's a deal to be had ....if C/L gave ratings for active individuals I'd be a 9.9 ...at least I was before I moved ...not a big market in these parts....so really that's how I found y'all ...look forward to joining the conversation on guitars and maybe do a little horse trading ...

I've been a member of TDPRI for the last 10 years and go by ROADMAN .....just sayin
Welcome. I'm also a member at tdpri, same name I think.

·
Registered
16,159 Posts
And by the way-I am Spartacus...

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
actually it's right off the Hwy between Okanagan falls and Penticton ....the main reason we bought the house we're in is the view of Skaha ....awesome does not do it justice

[/URL][/IMG]
Very nice. I've got friends who live somewhere down the hill from you, on the water. We sat out there many a night, jamming and singing until either one of us fall into the fire or grandpa brings out his recorder. Either is a sign from on high that its time to call it a night.

If we are doing such this summer, I'll send you a PM. The trip down should be easy. The one back up, perhaps not so much. I guess it depends on what kind of fuel you're burning by then.

Cheers and welcome.

Can't have too many Left Coasters out here.

Reactions: spartacus

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Welcome. We used to vacation at Camp-a-long every summer with our kids when they were young. It's just up the road from you towards Penticton but the name has probably been changed by now. I also have a friend and former neighbor in Summerland that's a player. I think you'll like the members here.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Morning! Ahh, Okanagan.
Someday , my precious, someday.....
I'm here in Cow-town, but we'll get away every so often with the kids for a caravan trip by the lake.
Magic area, great spot to retire.
Enjoy Spart.

·
Registered
18,597 Posts
Welcome from the east coast to the west coast.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.