The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Chris, and I play as many different styles of music as I can. I gig on upright & electric basses, guitar and very occasionally on drums.

This looks like a really good board. We need to get that for sale/trade forum cranking -- paying UPS brokerage fees due to buying stuff from the U.S. isn't fun!

Chris
http://www.chrisbreitner.com

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Hello from Ottawa - actually Kanata!. Yeah, I couldnt agree more. It would be great to have enough traffic on here to allow us to buy/sell frequently within Canada. I just bought a used PRS from the States and I took a bath on the Customs/Broker fee and the GST/PST. :mad:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Welcome aboard... :wave: There has been some pretty nice gear go through the boards FS/FT section... keep your eye in it.

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
Upright bass. Good stuff

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lowtones said:
Welcome Jarhead. Oh yes I know who you are. You know my brother quite well.
Hehehe! You must be a Newsom... ;)

Really, if I like the tunes, I'll play any instrument I can get my hands on...except for violin and pedal steel -- those microtones are just a little too close together for my big clumsy fingers to handle!

Chris

·
Registered
644 Posts
jar240 said:
Hehehe! You must be a Newsom... ;)

Really, if I like the tunes, I'll play any instrument I can get my hands on...except for violin and pedal steel -- those microtones are just a little too close together for my big clumsy fingers to handle!

Chris
Sho nuff am. :banana:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lowtones said:
Sho nuff am. :banana:
Peter, John Steele, Tom Martel and I are putting a little thing together to gig around town. I'm not sure what we're going to call ourselves, but with this formula, we're going to sound goooood, and it's gonna be a lot of fun!

We're playing at CoCo Jarry's in Renfrew to kick things off on Sat. Dec. 16. I can't wait ... it's been too long since I've played with those guys.

Chris

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
jar240 said:
Peter, John Steele, Tom Martel and I are putting a little thing together to gig around town. I'm not sure what we're going to call ourselves, but with this formula, we're going to sound goooood, and it's gonna be a lot of fun!

We're playing at CoCo Jarry's in Renfrew to kick things off on Sat. Dec. 16. I can't wait ... it's been too long since I've played with those guys.

Chris
Ah - Peter Newsom. Great guy, great player...

·
Registered
644 Posts
jar240 said:

Chris
Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to see If I can get up there for a day or two. I will be on vacation when you kick off. ( or at least that's what I'm telling myself right now) One thing for sure you will never be stuck for a (anything ) If someone can't make a gig. It's a pretty versitile group of players you've pulled together.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Wayne, I don't think we've ever met, but I've heard all about you.

rwe333 said:
Ah - Peter Newsom. Great guy, great player...
Indeed, and versatile! ...and a golden voice too -- so smooth! I like that he and I can "trade chairs" at a gig. Usually when we play, we just have to decide who's bringing the bass rig and who's bringing the guitar rig... who plays what is decided as we go along.

Chris

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
jar240 said:
Hey Wayne, I don't think we've ever met, but I've heard all about you.

Indeed, and versatile! ...and a golden voice too -- so smooth! I like that he and I can "trade chairs" at a gig. Usually when we play, we just have to decide who's bringing the bass rig and who's bringing the guitar rig... who plays what is decided as we go along.

Chris
Hey Chris - I've heard great things about your playing.
We have many mutual friends: Peter, Bruce Wittet, Lorne Kelly, etc...
Hope to meet in person (& play some music) soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts