The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just found this site today. Im from Oshawa and im a bit younger, in my early 20s but ive been playing guitar since i was 12 on and off. I still havent given up and im about ready to get out there and see what the community has to offer.

My first guitar was a Jay Turser Strat that i got for Wilson & Lee brand new for 150 bucks with a trainer dean medley amp. Since then ive started a small collection of guitars. I also own a ibanez GSA 60 electric, CD-320AS Fender acoustic, a Gibson Maestro acoustic and a Takamine electric acoustic.

Since i blew up my dean meadley when i was younger i was inclined to get my self a amp so i went for a Kustom Quad 100dfx and its been serving me ever since.

Im looking forward to hearing from all of you.

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,852 Posts
Welcome to the club!

I had a Jay Turser once. My Takamine electric-acoustic lasted me about a decade before I sold it. Excellent guitars for the money!

·
Premium Member
13,092 Posts
Wilson & Lee. Still there? My band-mate bought his Tele and Super Reverb there,... in 1966.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum, interesting group of guitars. I have a Takamine EG 341 Dlx with factory cool tube pre amp. Super nice guitars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, thanks everyone for the replies.

My takamine has to be the best sounding guitar i own. Its a spruce GC5CE-NAT with the built in electric tuner, though i find i rarely need to tune as much with the geared tuning pegs compared to all my electrics.

Wilson & Lee is absoultely still there at the same location, its a amazing store with really helpful service. Though i find its a pretty poor location now of days with all of downtown Oshawa growing around it. There isnt much selection as some of the larger chains but i would absoultely recommend them for picking up a guitar and amp for starting out.

Thats pretty far out it was around all the way back in 1966, im pretty sure its a family run business, i would imagine its been in the family for three generations now!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome to your new home!
So you've started a guitar collection.
I never had the "money" to start one, but I think I should start soon so when I'll be in my late 60's I would have some beauties :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts