The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I've been reading many forums. I'm just very impressed by the quality of people's responses here, very mature and helpful. Exactly the opposite of most forums.

Anyways, I'm quite new to guitar.
I've always loved music, I started my quest when I was 13. I started DJ'ing. Hip Hop. From that I moved to music production, making hip hop music. Then i started listening to electronic and making that. Then I became interested in mixing, mastering etc.
Then I started getting into rock. A helpful friend lent me an old acoustic guitar.

It's an old gibson hummingbird copy made by Mansfield. It was cracked open but I glued it closed. Despite it being old, I seriously love the thing. I've been playing since June, and I'm aching to move on to something new.

I've been listening to a lot of classic rock, old delta blues, and some new indie as well.

I hope to purchase a new guitar soon.
I've been looking at the Godin Velocity, and the Seagull S6 as an acoustic.

Cheers:food-smiley-004:

Paolo

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Paolo, from one newbie to another, welcome aboard,hope you get what you want and what you need,I just joined today because of a friend of mine from Quebec also,Millenium, we share the same rare but sought after Washburn D2003S acoustic,so I thought I would look arond and realized there were a few others that I knew here also:smilie_flagge17:so I thought I would stay and help as best as I could with what little I have learnt over 40 years,cause the more you know the more you need to know.Ship

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome Paolo, I am fairly new to the guitar thing myself, this is a great place with alot of very helpful people! Enjoy! :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Welcome aboard Paolo. This is a great forum. :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi paolo.... Have you look in montreal store for your Godin or Seagull ?? Don't know where they sell it, but give a try to Italmélodie or Steeve ??? I've already buy guitars at this two place and they have a lot of quality choice and good service..

Ship did you say you find other MEMBER of our brigade ???

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
No such

Sorry Yan I have not found another one, it was a 2000 millenium, and it wasn't as pretty as are's are,only 2 moe days and my baby comes home, I may have to work to pay for her to get a make over Yan.Ship

1 - 6 of 6 Posts