The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined bit ago, have posted a couple times, but realized I forgot to say hello and introduce myself. Not an accomplished player by any means, but I enjoy the fact that I don't walk out on myself when I am playing. My cats have never complained......that I am aware of. Been at it off and on for near 30 years, but never took it serious. I have started putting more effort into it, and have recently discovered heads and cabs, and love it!!! I was born and raised here in London, likely die here. My other love is Mountain Biking, and also recently discovered Cyclo-cross (CX) bikes. That is my avatar. Anyway, a tad long winded, but me in a cracked nutshell.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fanshawe for location. TP only if I have a guide. I would get lost there without one.

My favourite trails will always be The Pines in Woodstock. I join Woodstock Cycling Club every year. $35 and the trails are ONLY mountain bikes. No hikers. I'll go to Boler if I want to feel close to death. ;-)

·
Administrator
16,726 Posts
Welcome from another biking mediocre guitar player from London, who also has 2 cats . I suspect I'm "somewhat" older than you though, I'm older than most people now

Reactions: Verne

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you sir. I took a quick peek at your youtube channel, "mediocre" ?? If I could actually say I play well enough to play for somebody else, I'd still not be as good as you. I am 54, and I am not taking guesses on age. It's a state of mind and for other people to underestimate. 3 cats here. =^. .^=

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not quite sure how to break the bad news to you. It will be many more sleeps.
This is where a fat bike comes into play. It's ALWAYS riding weather with a fat bike.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Welcome from another biking mediocre guitar player from London, who also has 2 cats . I suspect I'm "somewhat" older than you though, I'm older than most people now
That’s what happens when you retire.

Impatiently waiting for spring.

Dave is that a Trek 520? I have one (black /silver) with disc brakes. I too am ready for spring. Road rides and trail rides - can’t wait. Spending time in the gym prepping!

·
Administrator
16,726 Posts
That’s what happens when you retire.

Dave is that a Trek 520? I have one (black /silver) with disc brakes. I too am ready for spring. Road rides and trail rides - can’t wait. Spending time in the gym prepping!
FX2 without the disc brake. Fast enough for this old body. I stick to the bike paths only. My morning ride takes me from Windemere/Richmond to Springbank and back. About 28km and i try to do it every day. I lost most of this year with a back injury so I'm fat and sluggish right now.

·
Registered
972 Posts
FX2 without the disc brake. Fast enough for this old body. I stick to the bike paths only. My morning ride takes me from Windemere/Richmond to Springbank and back. About 28km and i try to do it every day. I lost most of this year with a back injury so I'm fat and sluggish right now.
And therein lies the beauty of retirement, going for a bike ride every morning. Nice!

·
Administrator
16,726 Posts
And therein lies the beauty of retirement, going for a bike ride every morning. Nice!
I get out as soon as it's light so other than a bunch of geese and squirrels I'm pretty much alone :)

Reactions: Verne

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm 5mins away from Meadowlily Rd. I can hit close to the start of the paved path and get in about 40kms (or more) if I head out to Springbank and do a lap there and head back. Going back up Meadowlily is "fun" to say the least. I have a few different cycling interests, but mostly it lies in trail riding, with endurance racing at the forefront. I've been riding for 30yrs and plan on continuing until I can no longer turn the cranks. I recently got the CX bike. It doubles as my road bike when I mount slicks on it. I also LOVE single speed. Nothing more invigorating than conquering an ascent with only your physical strength because mechanical advantage is gone when only one gear. It's kinda crazy, but I just LOVE single speed. I eat, sleep and breathe cycling.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts