The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys....Just found this site and hopefully will visit it frequently. I have been using a site from the States but would much prefer a Canadian site. I have been building for about six months now and I guess I'm classified as a newbie. I have completed three acoustic guitars and two mandolins....
I have been buying some woods and material from Sam Schipani at guitarwood.ca... Yesterday I ordered some material from him. This is the E-mail I received from him.

(Hi Larry
I'm sorry to tell you there is a raise in the prices due to the loss of US $
neck is US $ 16.00 each,(up from 13.00) truss rods are US$ 12.00 each.(up from 7.00) tell me if you want
to proceed with order.
Regards,sam[/B]

This kind of business really bothers me.....I asked if his online catologue prices wold be changed to reflect the new prices.....No response yet..... I cancelled the order.....This is not a guy that I want to do business with any more...Hope some of you feel the same way......Lab

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Well, if he is selling in US dollars (many small Canadian companies whose main customers are American, often do IME) he may just have to raise the prices since the Canadian dollar is at an all time high. Since in the end, the money gets transfered into Canadian $'s when you cash out, the prices in US have to go up.

Business is business... sometimes prices change depending upon the currency exchange, unfortunately.

AJC

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi AJ< I don't know if I am doing this right or not...I agree with you on the pricing and I have no problem with it. If you are going to increase prices then it should be reflected in the catologue prices....not with an e-mail saying " oh ,by the way prices are gone up."...I am very weary of buying on the internet. Its easy to get burnt my friend. Anyway , I have since been in contact with Sam and have resolved things and I have my material being sent....In all honesty Sam has the best prices even with the increases . Its just the principle of the way he did it....
I was looking at your work...Great stuff. The acoustic guitar (looks like East indian rosewood????) is almost identical to the first two I built....Lab

1 - 3 of 3 Posts