The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been posting on the Seymour Duncan forum for about 2 years now and just found this forum last night.

My username "Greco" refers to the brand of guitar I play.
It is a MIJ 335 copy made in '81.
I also have a MIM Fender strat which I just bought recently.

The amps I have are:
'76 SF Fender Princeton Reverb
'67 BF Fender Super Reverb
'65 BF Fender BandMaster head (used with a homemade pine 1X12" cab)

This is definately a more-gear-than-skill situation...I just love old tube amps.

I have a Boss Blues Driver pedal and I'm currently looking for a reverb pedal. I'm not much of a pedal guy in general.

I have been playing for several years, but just got more serious about it during the past 5 or 6 years.

I enjoy playing mainly Blues, but would like to learn some Jazz.

My other hobby is electronics. I am trying to build a Champ clone, but never seem to be able to find the time to make any real progress with it. I have done several pickup swaps on 335 style guitars (for myself and friends) and have bought several used Seymour Duncan humbucker pickups that are waiting to be tried.

I get most of my gear from Sherwood Music in Kitchener.
I'm thinking of trading my Super Reverb in on a Champion 600...this will likely make some of you folks pass out...but I have a lot of coin tied up in the SR and it gets heavier every time I try to lift it. Also, I only play with friends and in my basement to a sold out crowd of one.

Dave

·
Registered
644 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Dave, Sounds like you fit the mold that a good majority of the members here come from. LOL I hope that you enjoy the forum and stick around for a long time. Lots of interesting points of view here to ponder and some good information when you need it.:rockon2:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
So you're into Japanese guitars as well huh? I'm gaining a lot of knowledge about them. I don't have any Grecos but I do have 3 Tokais. Have you been to the Tokai Forum or another one called Japanaxe? If not you should really check them out as the people there are very knowledgable. Welcome to the forum. :wave:

·
Premium Member
17,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcomes.

I have had a Tokai 335 copy also in the past. Great axes. Sold it to my friend. Long story. I have been to both of those forums trying to find out more about my Greco. It is aparently a limited edition and was in a collection at one time. Nothing fancy, but I like it.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts