The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just signed up last night...someone on the Gear Page mentioned this forum so here I am.

As for gear, I have a tele (Highway 1) that I LOVE as well as a Yamaha RGX320 that looks a little shredder-ish (not a good thing, in my opinion!) but has such a comfortable neck that I traded an old strat for it. I plug into a Hot Rod Deluxe & have a few pedals like the Classic Tonebone distortion & a Boss ME-50.

My musical interests are wide & varied - from alternative to instrumental jazz.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys!

- Michael

PS For all of you who don't know Eastern Canada, Fredericton is the capital of New Brunswick! It's pretty small but it does have an active arts community.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
I spend a week or so every summer in Freddie beach.

Welcome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,833 Posts
Used to be a Freddy Beacher myself. Spent many evenings trolling at the Cosmo...which I understand is now gone. I take it Sweetwaters is the place to go now... Welcome:food-smiley-004:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,182 Posts
Stratin2traynor said:
Used to be a Freddy Beacher myself. Spent many evenings trolling at the Cosmo...which I understand is now gone. I take it Sweetwaters is the place to go now... Welcome:food-smiley-004:
The Cosmo has been gone a LONG time, you're dating yourself.

I grew up there and went to UNB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the welcomes!

I live on the south side....and Sweetwaters is the place where the kids hang out (I remember the Cosmo, too even though I'm originally from Saint John!)!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,833 Posts
zdogma said:
The Cosmo has been gone a LONG time, you're dating yourself.

I grew up there and went to UNB.
Consider me dated. I'm still a pup - under 40. I also went to UNB, don't remember much - it was all a purple haze. I do remember getting really drunk at Rumours one night...among other fond memories
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I hope to make it out to New Brunswick sometime next year. I have friends whose families live around the Fredericton area.

Do you have a website or MySpace where you post your gigs? If so, post your info in your signature block so that we can check you out when we're there.

-(m)-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
Michael said:
Thanks for all the welcomes!

I live on the south side....and Sweetwaters is the place where the kids hang out (I remember the Cosmo, too even though I'm originally from Saint John!)!
Hey Michael! Welcome. I'm in SJ as is Gearpig and Washburned, quite a few of us NB-ers and ex-NB-ers here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
107 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Since I have been here I have found it a great source of info, gear and discussians on gear. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

:food-smiley-004:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top