The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a new guy here and want to say how great is to see a canadian forum. Have been playing for about 40 years and still trying to get it right but currently having problems with carpel tunnel. Hope to chat with you .

D

·
0 Posts
JSD's Guitar Shack said:
Carpel tunnel, that sucks. Hope ya get past it and keep jammin'. Welcome aboard. :wave:
Hi dardles! Welcome! And when you get jammin' again, what kind of music do you play?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
type of music

mostly I play country ,using a 72 tele with kinman avn60's and an assortment of fender amps ,depending on situation.My favorite is a princeton reverb with weber speaker but also have a bandmaster and a twin.Around here you have to play a variety of music to make money but my choice is country {merle haggard} and roy buchanan type of blues .Thanks for welcoming me into your group and hope to learn something.

·
Administrator
16,804 Posts
Welcome Dardles :wave: I picked up a 1970 Bandmaster Reverb head just before Christmas and I love it. Fender still has the best cleans on the planet imho.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fender amps

One of the reasons why i like fender amps so much is because so much of my favorite music was recorded using fenders and I perceive it as the right sound.Talk about brainwashing. Nobody on here seems to be talking about pickups .Is this because everyone is tired of all the bs regarding pickups ?

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
dardles said:
Hello, I'm a new guy here and want to say how great is to see a canadian forum. Have been playing for about 40 years and still trying to get it right but currently having problems with carpel tunnel. Hope to chat with you .
I have a bunch of family up there, in Dominion, Glace Bay....

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
hey, welcome to the forums. Cape Breton is quite the place, I've got some friends who live there.:wave:

·
Registered
319 Posts
guitarzan said:
hello there fellow eastcoaster. i am in the Annapolis Valley.

Hey guitarzan, the Annapolis Valley, is that on the west side, on the bay sort of thing? We're coming down your way this summer. We'll focus on Nova Scotia, Cape Breton etc. If we have more time, we'll do PEI maybe. We may go to Maine as well. I'm really looking for to this trip. :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
126 Posts
yeah, i am not far from the bay of fundy. and a hop skip and a jump form Windsor the birthplace of Hockey. about 1 hr or less from Halifax.
we went to PEI last year. it was cool going across confederation bridge.
NFLD is sweet too, my wife is a newfy. i was born in Ontario myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts