The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Fellow guitar player from Calgary AB! Hopefully I will find people to play with here! :tongue:

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Hi!

Go Flames! :rockon:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey! I am into almost anything, blues, rock, experimental (Pink Floyd). I am not incredible on the guitar by any means but I would love to start playing with a few people...I think its the best way to learn.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I am into a lot of the same stuff. I have been playing for a number of years, but kind of got out of it over the past few and am just getting back into it. How long have you been playing? Maybe we can jam some time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be awesome, I would enjoy that very much! I have been playing for close to 5 years I think now. I haven't any real lessons, though I do intend to start sometime soon! GO FLAMES GO! Anyone watching the game tonight against Tampa Bay?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Take a look at the list of Calgary jams on themusicianslounge.com. I go to a few of them from time to time and most are great fun.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
CrazyMisfit said:
Awesome! I will have to check that out. Thanks for the Info Kat. What do you play?
Classical guitar, that makes me the outsider here. :)

Once in a while I dust off the electric and check out some jams though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kat_ said:
Classical guitar, that makes me the outsider here. :)

Once in a while I dust off the electric and check out some jams though.
You aren't considered an outsider to me. I love classical guitar. I admire the fact that classical guitar has a lot to do with discipline and technique, both of which I don't have :tongue: I used to have a fairly nice acoustic that I played folk/classical. I do have the privilege to play this old 50's Martin acoustic once in a while. Amazing guitar!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Welcome from another Calgarian.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dwagar said:
Welcome from another Calgarian.
Hey thanks! You have quite the list of gear there. Drool Do you mind me asking what you do to afford all that stuff? And where can I apply? :wave:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome!

Another guitarist from Calgary wishing you a warm welcome! It's great here! Hope you enjoy!

:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome!! You'll get a lot of info off Guitars Canada.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Welcome from another Cowtowner. I gotta get out and play with some actual real living breathing people one of these days too.

:food-smiley-015:

Cheers,
Pete

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sneaky said:
Welcome from another Cowtowner. I gotta get out and play with some actual real living breathing people one of these days too.

:food-smiley-015:

Cheers,
Pete
What type of music are you into?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts